Asset finance leasing - XL Business finance
XL Business Finance Blog » Blog Archive » Invoice Finance explained

Invoice Finance explained

We had a request yesterday from a web development company wanting some form of  invoice finance. They had aboiut fifty customers on twelve month contracts all of which paid a ten percent deposit on the work to be done and then on a monthly basis thereafter. They were invoicing at the beginning of each month for the work to be carried out for the following month. Invoice financing only works for work that has already been carried out and that is being invoiced with credit terms of thirty, sixty or ninety days. Although we were not able to help we put this enquirer in touch with a company that can offer contract finance , a totally different product.

Invoice Finance can either be in the form of factoring or invoice discounting. As a business you provide goods or services to your customers and provide credit terms. Invoice finance provides immediate cash of up to 80% of these unpaid invoices on a revolving credit basis. Whether it is factoring or invoice discounting that you desire as son as your customer payd the outstanding invoice you receive the remaining 20% of the invoice less any charges.

Factoring provides crdit control in addition to the cash and is provided on a disclossed basis so theat your customers are awrae that you are factoring your invoices. Becauseth the factoring company is able to verify invoices this form of funding is also available for new start businesses, insolvent or businesses that have been struggling

Invoice discounting is provided in a confidential manner and as the finance company is unable to verify invoices this form of invoice finance tends to be made available for established businesses with a good performance history who are unklikely to take the invoice discounting company for a ride.

XL Business Finance has years of experinec in helping businesses choose the right invoice financing company for their particular needs

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.


 
 
 

XL Business Finance Ltd is a privately owned and independent business financing company with established links to many of the UK's leading finance houses. XL Business Finance provides a viable alternative to high street banks that lack the flexibility and imagination to provide a solution to most business users requirements. XL Business Finance can provide a full range of business financing solutions and we ensure a high level of customer service and pride ourselves on quick decisions. Our independent status will ensure any offer of funding and asset finance leasing is best suited to our customer’s needs.

XL Business Finance, Eaton Place Business Centre, 114 Washway Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 7RF UK.

 

Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Preston, Sheffield, Stoke, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire